EbonySaDiablo

Female

Number of posts : 5
Credits : 19

Character Info
Experience Points:
0/0  (0/0)
PostSubject: Basic Rules to T1 + T2 Role Play   3rd August 2010, 11:07 am

Here i shall post a few of the Rules others i Role Play with and that of myself have posted into groups on IMVU.
Hope they help ^.^

Here are the basic formats for ROLE PLAY.

1) Talking in character tends to be done in a number of ways such as::

Hello *smiles*

"hello" *she smiles*

Hello ~Smiles~

"hello" ~She Smiles~

smiles "hello"

They are just a few examples

2) Description is definded in different ways such as::

T1 - *Wrapping the fur scarf about my shoulder, i shiver, the motion causing goosebumps to trickle down over my pale skin, each bump rising to highlight another inch of chill seeping through me. Clenching my chattering teeth, i look about me at my surroundings. The tall wall before me a few feet away sygnifying no entry. But that was not to be. I had to get in, there was no other way around it. Frowing, i look about for a way to signal the guard. He seemed to be pacing but in this blizzard my voice would not carry an inch let alone the height needed to reach his ears over the snowy gail. Pushing forward in the snow, my feet blistered and cold, blue within the slithers of fabric left of my winter boots, i shuffle making mounds beside, creating a small path towards the wall. Placing my hand upon its frozen stone, my eyes would have watered if they were not practically frozen open. Not wishing to waist moisture, having run out of rations of both food and water the day before, i kneel down using my chapped fingers to dig into the snow. What little strength i had left urged me onward. A burrow, something to protect me until the storm passed, that is all i needed*

ok, a little long winded, but that is a T1 post for Role Play.

T2- *Looking up at the wall before me, flakes of snow whipping past my face, i realise there was no was i was to get the guard to hear me to let me in. So i shuffle over to the wall, sliding a hand down until i reach the base, digging a hole in which to protect myself for the night as the storm passes*

Its less discriptive but does the same job as a T1 post.

These are the two we mainly use here for this RP. Some T2 posts are less than a line such as:

*she looks up and nods once before looking away*

or

*nods*

As long as description is given, it is Role Play.

3) Fighting.

Within Role Play there are a number of styles of fighting but ALL follow one main rule. NO GOD MODDING.
To GM (GodMod) is to force an action upon anothers character without allowing them to make a comeback or protect themselves from it.

An example in T1:

*Rushing forward, slashing at the mans face with his sword, he watches the blood gush from the wound to his cheek. Not giving him a moment to step back in shock, he swings the blade round ramming it upward into his chest, twisting the blade about so as to break bone and tear artries. There was no coming back from this for this man. Smirking, he spits in the mans eyes as he pulls the sword out, wiping the dripping blood from the blade upon the rags of his clothing*

Here you can see he did not give the other character a chance to come back - this should have been worded::

*Rushing forward, slashing towards the mans face, the impact would cause a gash quite deep due to the blades sharp edge if it hit. The motion from his arm as he swung his sword forward causes a ripple effect over his muscles highlighting the strength used to weild the heavy weapon. A slight smirk of victory can be seen playing at his lips as he can almost taste the win, the death so close, almost in his grasp. The image of the sword ripping up into his chest overwhelming, causing saliva to build up in his mouth*

the comback of the other character would then be::

*steadying himself waiting for the others blow to come, his eyes trail over the arc of the sword aimed for his face. Dropping low as if in slow motion, the edge of the blade barely misses its intended purpose, scraping the tips of his short, spikey hair. Lifting up with a swerve to the side he grins having doged the prelude to certain death. He could see the man having almost rejoiced before impact. How arrogant*

and voila, that is ROLE PLAY ... i'll leave it there cause wow ... my mind is now over filling with random RP XDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/MoonbeamDelight
EbonySaDiablo

Female

Character Info
Experience Points:
0/0  (0/0)
PostSubject: Guide to T1 RP   3rd August 2010, 11:08 am

A Guide to T1 Role-play

Here, I’m going to outline the basics of T1 Role-play. The first thing to think about is your character/avi that you use in any given role-play. I am available for help regarding character creation and creating your own biography. If you would like to post your biography as mine is below, I will read through it and give you some pointers and tips ^_^

Character:

When you wish to role-play with a character, it is useful to plan a biography so you are able to refer to it whilst role-playing and so others can read through it OOCly to make sure they know how to react to your posts and character. There are many different races that you can choose from which include Demon, Elf, Vampire, Human amongst many others. It is also useful to research these different races for the potential abilities and skills you can use in your biographies. For example; myself as a succubus. It was researched that Succubi are a type of chaos demon who is able to change her form to suit the minds of those she pries in. Also through research, I was able to find out what deity my character worships, along with certain characteristics that come with the character; e.g. vanity.

So now we’ve covered the character, let’s work on the basics of T1 RP, looking at OOC and IC first of all.

IC/OOC:

When you are in an active role-play, you are advised to type all OOC (Out of Character) comments to be placed in brackets such as [these] or (these). It is common courtesy to use brackets when speaking OOCly “Out of character-ly”

IC stands for “In chat” and involves the writing and scripting of your characters actions/words and thoughts in a narrative based, descriptive style. These can be either pre-typed out on word and run through a spell checker for those who are more experienced or they can be live-typed. There are some groups who do not accept “pre-typing” as a sufficient form of Role-play, however, I believe that it is in some cases better, for you make far fewer mistakes, the post is entered much quicker which means less risk of your paragraphs being broken up by OOC comments and other IC actions that are not on a *turn-base process.

*( TB ) Turn-base: This is when you have an order to who posts in the room, e.g. Suphire, Xamer, Luna. This means that the posts are uninterrupted and usually in a TB T1 RP, OOC is kept to a minimum.

When you are IC, playing as your character, you will need to differentiate between actions, words and thoughts. It is common for players to use –dashes- for actions e.g.

-She goes to the shop to buy a carton of eggs-

This enables the reader to tell that your character is performing an action.

For spoken words, it is common that speech marks and indentations are used. E.g.

“Hello, I would like a dozen eggs please.”

When they are both added together, it makes more sense to use these kind of embellishments of texts. E.g.

-She goes to the shop to buy a carton of eggs- “Hello, I would lie a dozen eggs please” – She said, calmly and politely –

When you have run out of room on the text-box, it is common for players to use (Continued) to show that the post is not completed. Once the post is complete, users often type (End) to enable the next player to post. E.g.

-After contemplating for a moment, Suphire decides to go to the shop to buy a carton of eggs. It wasn’t that Suphire was able to eat eggs, but she just craved them. She wanted to know the difference between the eggs in the store and her own eggs. It was all because that really, curiosity

Killed the cat. – “Hello, I would like… a dozen eggs please?” – She asked the member of staff behind the counter rather sheepishly. She did feel rather stupid for making such a strange positive correlation between the two but she felt that she needed to know. -

The amount of paragraphs is up to you – The more informative they are, the better for the other players as they can then start to work out exactly how they are to react and where the players should be standing in the room.

If you want to add thoughts, it is conventional to use ‘these’ rather than “these” as speech can be confused. E.g.

“Hello, I would like a dozen eggs please” – She said rather calmly. ‘A dozen my arse. I’d have only 1 if they sold in such quantities…’ She thought to herself, her eyes narrowing in frustration. –
Back to top Go down
EbonySaDiablo

Female

Character Info
Experience Points:
0/0  (0/0)
PostSubject: More T1 rules ...   3rd August 2010, 11:08 am

When role-playing with another character, it is important to remember that you should wait until they have finished a post before you interrupt. This is common courtesy, especially in a TB T1 RP. If there is ‘Free’ T1 RP which means that anyone can post in any order, it is less common for members to wait for another to finish – Though I still believe in waiting until the to avoid confusion between posts.

Full Para T1:

This term is used to describe the fact that in this kind of active T1 RP, players are to type out more than just a ‘one liner’ or non-descriptive post. This shows that the player has carefully considered what to put in the post as long as it is relevant. It is more entertaining than just ‘-smiles-‘ and it often motivates other players to join in with the descriptive fun. You do not necessarily need to post 10 paragraphs each time, though in ‘Full Para’ it is more common - particularly in battle.

I personally consider 3 paragraphs per post to be “Full Para T1” as long as it is more than 1 post.

Things To Avoid in T1

This section is very important as they are the main rules and regulations for T1 RP.

There are 4 golden rules that you must learn before you are able to RP in the T1 style – Especially for T1 Combat which I will be running through later.

Force-Hitting:

Like it says on the tin, force-hitting is when a character does something to another without considering their RP. E.g.

-Player 1 kicks Player 2 in the knee and listens to it 'crack'-

This is where you give Player 2 no alternative but to accept the hit. This is wrong in T1 and should not occur. Ever.
The other player always has the right to respond to your posts and this is why we 'attempt' to do something. E.g.

-Player 1 attempts to kick Player 2 in the knee, curious to hear what the 'cracking' sound would be like-

Then Player 2 can choose whether to accept the hit or not, based on how powerful they think the post is.

Remember that NO character is invincible and you must react to each 'hit'. You should fairly choose to accept damage in a combat situation, rather than simply 'dodging' everything.

Godmodding:

As it sounds. All characters are perishable and cannot be brought back from the dead or instantly healed. Your character cannot play god or perform actions that they should not be able to do, given the proper research. Your characters will have restrictions on how many abilities/skills they have and the different kinds of spells also. It is not possible for your character to do whatever they want, whenever. Also there are limits to how much energy your characters have and in combat, that is very important to consider.

Powerplaying:

This is when your characters have too much power or abilities. It is impossible for your character to have such an unreal amount of skills – or for one of their particular skills to be able to destroy everything in one blow without consideration. Each specie has a limit to which type of spell they can use e.g. light spells and dark spells and this also applies to other abilities. You cannot mix species together, though they are able to be ‘turned’ from one to another. It is only fair for you to limit your characters so that other characters can enjoy fair RP and fair battles.

Metagaming:

Metagaming is a very controversial matter in Role-play. It is essential that you do not mix OOC with IC for any reason. If someone tells you any IC information OOC then you are not allowed to apply this IC without it being metagaming. It is when you allow RL (Real Life) to be implemented in your characters. Another good example would be when someone enters a room without typing a T1 entrance and another player greets them. It is not possible for the player to know as to your whereabouts as you haven’t entered yet, nor will they be able to sense you as you are not there ICly
Back to top Go down
EbonySaDiablo

Female

Character Info
Experience Points:
0/0  (0/0)
PostSubject: Extra rules to Role Play we may not have covered   3rd August 2010, 11:09 am

The following is taken from Radiant Dawn, created by LegendaryGuardian. There are some useful pointers here and things that haven't been covered already! Enjoy!

-

T1 Roleplay:

Lets start with the basics to begin with, there are a lot of things one must know when he/she wants to become a serious roleplayer. The first thing I like to discuss is your character, the avi you are using in roleplay.

Character:

The character... first of all it is important to pick a race and research it before you choose to let your character become one, there are many different races to play, for example: Vampire, Elf, Demon, Fae etc etc. A great site for research is: www.wikipedia.org , here you will be able to find all the information on the race, racial traits, advantages, disadvantages and so forth. It is very important to abide by these rules and follow them in the roleplay. Other than that if you choose a vampire for example make sure you know what kind of vampire you play, there are several tribes each with their own strengths and weaknesses, this goes for almost every race so it's very important to know this. If you choose to play multiple races (a max of two), know that the powers of this char will be cut in half for they have to rely on both strengths, this is called a 'Hybrid'. Playing a pure race is adviced however the choice is yours of course. Each character is born with a specific element, for example: Angels = Holy Arcana, Vampires = Unholy Arcana. I will explain this later in another sub-topic. But keep in mind that a character cannot be both Light and Darkness.

IC and OOC:

IC = In character OOC = Out of character, it is important to know the difference between the two, ooc is used between brackets like (Hey) or [Hello]. Even, and this is important, if the character is rude ic it does not mean that the player itself is rude ooc, there is a big difference between player and character, do NOT mix the two for it will only lead to the fall of roleplaying and taking all the fun away. There will always be good guys and bad guys in roleplay but it is good to know that characters can hate each other ic but have a good laugh with each other ooc.

Godmodding:

Godmodding, taboo in roleplay. Godmodding is when a character cannot be killed or be brought back from the dead, this is not true for there always is a way to kill someone, even if you play a God you can still be killed. If your character dies he/she cannot be returned, not by any reason or explanation, it isn't legit. Please keep that in mind for it makes good roleplay. Powerplaying is also a form of godmodding, letting your char do everything and anything while it's not possible due to restrictions of a character and its abilities.

Metagaming:

Metagaming is a second taboo in roleplay, it is using ooc information into ic, for example: (Player 1 tells Player 2 that his character will jump tomorrow ooc) and Player 2 tells Player 3 ic: "My Queen, he will jump tomorrow". This may be a real stupid example but you get the gist of it. Another form of metagaming is when characters interact and say that they know all about them while they haven't even met, it destroys the roleplay and will cause a lot of arguing. Example: Character A dies due to Character B, Player 1 who created Character A makes Character C and goes after Character B, aka a situation that is not possible since Character B and C haven't met at all and therefor don't know about each other. A final form of metagaming is greeting someone before he or she has made an entrance post but I will get back on that later.

Powerplaying:

The final taboo in roleplay, Powerplaying is letting your character do the impossible or have so much power that it is unreal. It is true that some races have a lot of different powers like a Necromancer for example, that race can control almost every element but it's powers weaken by each element. If you use all of them at 100% or can create a tornado as big as the size of Texas within the blink of an eye you are powerplaying, aka not valid and not legit. Every race is bounded to certain limits, such as a max of three elements and a mix of two different species. Some species cannot be mixed, such as Light Beings and Darkness beings, they can turn however, example: An Angel becoming a Fallen Angel, going from Light to Darkness, but there must be certain rules followed to make this happen ic. Please limit your character and don't make him too overpowered.

T1 Paragraph Posting:

The words you type in the chatroom is made a post, paragraph posts are prefered other than one liners, however you will NOT be judged but a lot of roleplayers rather have that you 'para-post'. Why ? Because it then shows that you put a lot of effort into your posts, and therefor the other person will also put more effort in it. By doing so it is way more entertaining for each other and it shows your skill as a roleplayer. Keep in mind that you are not asked to make a post of 10 paragraphs or anything, A full post (one para) is well enough to begin with, though others tend to do more... if you continue your post make sure you put a (c) behind your post so the other players knows you are not done yet, when you finish your post place and (e) behind it. A way to make a para post is to detail your posts. Instead of saying -Poke- you can make a post like: -Player 1 sneaks up near Player 2, his feet silently walking over the stone tiles of the floor, hoping that she didn't notice him. Upon approaching her he attempts to poke her softly in the side.- It's important to always 'attempt' other than actually do it, cause if you do not give the other player a chance to respond/dodge etc, it is called 'Forced Hitting', I will explain that in the Combat topic further down below. Also please do not greet someone before he or she enters the room -winks-

I think this will cover most of the basics about T1 roleplay, once again if there are any questions I will gladly answer them to the best of my abilities. And upon request I can add more info later on. It is time to explain the aspects of T1 combat, in there I will explain everything what a T1 fighter must know.

T1 Combat:

T1 Combat, paragraph posts, continuing with (c) and finishing with (e), this is where two fighters will face each other in combat. A turn based system where one will reply when the other is done. There are a lot of things important when doing a T1 Textfight and I will explain everything you need to know to become a good T1 fighter. The most important things are Fairplay and Details. Once again a T1 fighter can have a max of three elements.

Elements:

The base forms of magics and substances in the world. This inclues but is not limited to arcania, kenisis based abilities or literally the substances in question. There are several elements, lores and similar things to choose from and each will explained a bit here.

Fire: Heat-based, weak against water and earth and at rare times wind, typically strong against both wind and at times earth elements on top of being strong against nature and metal lores.
Water: Aqua-based element, weak against lightning but strong against fire and earth.
Earth: Ground-based element, weak against water and air, itself and at times fire. It can be very powerful against Nature and Lightning Lores.
Wind: Air-based element, Air-based element, weak towards fire typically. Can be powerful against earth.
Shadow: Anti-Magic, the opposite of Aether,rarely used.The strength various on how it's cast. Aether doesn't have any advantages or disadvantages against the other elements other than Aether in which case it is negated.
Aether: The base essence of magic called the fifth element, somewhat used in it's pure form of raw energy. The strength various on how it's cast. Aether doesn't have any advantages or disadvantages against the other elements other than Shadow in which case it is negated.

Lores:

Combinations of elemental magics to a new form or even an upgrade to elemental magics.

Nature: Plant/Creature-based lore, the strength varies by how and on what it's cast upon. Typically influences Beasts and Plants as well as Fungi and Insects.
Death: Toxin/Bateria-based lore, the strength varies by how and on what it is cast upon. Typically influences poisons, viruses, decay and fungi to a lesser extent. Does poorly against Fire and Earth elements as well as Lightning and Ice Lores.
Metal: Ore and mineral based lore, the strength varies by how it is cast and on what. Fares well against Wind, Earth elements and Nature lore. Fire and Water can cause great damage towards metals and minerals.
Lightning: Electricity-based, weak against earth element and Nature lore but VERY strong against water element and Ice Lore.
Ice: Cold-based, strong against Water and Wind Elements as well as the Nature and Decay Lores. Weak towards Earth and to a lesser extent Fire elements as well as Lightning Lore.

Spiritual and Extraplaner:

Magics and abilities that can not be classified as a lore or element.

Holy*: can cancel out unholy, both strong and weak against unholy. Regluar damage to everything else.
Unholy*: can cancel out holy, both strong and weak against holy. Regluar damage to everything else.
Psionic: Massively generalized as the collection of psychic and mental based powers, no weaknesses or strengths.

Fabrics of the Universe:

Time: Time-based element, the power to control time and use it to your advantage, this element kind of takes the fun away but can be quite handy in certain situations. It does not have any weaknesses or immediate strengths, simply.
Space: It doesn't have any advantages or disadvantages against the elemnts or lores. It simply is the farbic of all that is physical in this realm, consider it an unseen barrier between planes and the immediate environment of the universe.
Light: Particles and waves of light allow us to see and manipulate our respective environments. Light can be manipulated with illusionary arts and is typically affiliated with heat.
Darkness: Lack of Light, contributes to lowered temperatures and is typically afiliated with space and cold.

* = The strength of Holy and Unholy can cancel each other out by the ability of 'Split Pain', this means that its power will depend on the rank and experience of a character's race, example: A Seraphim Angel will always win from a Zombie, however an Arch Lich will mostly win from a Holy Clerk. In a situation where the ranks are almost or are equal such as top ranked creatures both characters will have to gain damage from each other. But keep in mind that how longer the spell is created, the more powerful it will be, therefor either Light or Darkness will be stronger than the other spell cast.

** = Every element has a different 'add-on' call it an added effect status, if you want to know what yours is come seek me out and I will explain it to you.

Keep in mind that the more elements/lore you use the weaker they will become, only your birth element/lore is always at 100%, when having two elements the power of the second one will be 90% and when using three elements both number two and three will be max 80%.

Forced Hits:

Forced hitting is taboo in T1 Combat. A forced hit is when you say you actually hit a player without letting the other reply to it, for example: -Draws his sword and chops his head off- , this is impossible for the other player always has the right to respond to it, what you can do is this: -Draws his sword and attempts to chop his head off- See the difference ? Always make an 'attempt' or use the word 'try'. However in certain situations a player must take damage for the attack that had been either prepared or planned cannot be avoided, even so use an attempt and let the other one reply to it, this is where fairplay comes into play, be a good sportsman and know when to deal and take damage.

Different types of attacks:

There are three types of attacks, Physical, Magical and Mental. It's good to know the differences between the three of them, a physical attack is for example an attack with your weapon of bare fists in hand to hand combat. A magical attack is when magic comes into play, attacks such as elemental spells. Finally a mental attack is like a racial trait from a character, for example: A race that is capable of using mental attacks such as letting your character see illusions, like cloning his/her character and that you will have to figure out who the real one is. This move is completely legit.

Other than that the racial traits can be divided within these three, each trait various and therfor cannot be categorized in one of the three different types of attacks.

Weather and Ground advantage:

Weather and ground advantage, for the most experienced players. It is as the name says and very easy to explain, take a Water Spirit or a Sea Dragon race for example, this race has a huge advantage when fighting in an area with a lot of water, their powers will be slightly stronger due to its surroundings. A Fire Spirit or an Oni will be at a great disadvantage in these surroundings. The first player to make a post about the weather will gain weather advantage for this is completely legit. The ground however will be decided by the room you are in, the room of the Valkorian Battlefield is an ice-based ground and the ground in the Battlefield is earth-based. Make sure that you make good agreements before starting a fight so there will be no miscommunications and this saves a lot of ooc chatter. However some rooms have a strict weather rule such as my Battlefield.

Kills:

Now, there has been a lot of confusion on how to kill one's character. First of all keep in mind that kills can only be made when both players realize that it is the end for their character. Every specie can be killed but you just need to know how to do it. Other than that it is important to know that kills can only be made inside a killzone and in a public room. Private chat kills do not count! The best way to have a deathmatch is with two skilled fighters and someone that can judge it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Rules to T1 + T2 Role Play   

Back to top Go down

Basic Rules to T1 + T2 Role Play

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everything IMVU :: Roleplay and Lifestyle :: Roleplay :: T1 - T4 (Type One)-